Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Potato Salad

I wasn't having the appetite to eat after I came home from class today. It was already almost 7 p.m. but I just didn't feel like eating. But I still ate a little rice and whatever that was on the dining table. Afterall, I didn't wanna waste food. =)

After that, something just came into my mind... And it was potato salad. My cousin sister used to make and and brought it over for me some time last year. So now I modified her version and made my own instead. Boiled some potatoes and peeled off the skin, then cutting them into 1cm x 1cm cubes. (you can cut it into your preferable size) Then cut some raw onions into very tiny squares, or the length that you prefer and trow them together with the cut potatoes into a big bowl. I've also added in hard boiled eggs (I added only the egg white, but you may use the whole egg) which were cut into little cubes. After that, wait for the potato to cool down a moment and add the amount of mayonnaise you desire. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to your taste and wait till the potato is slightly cooled down before you put the mixture into the fridge to chill. Served chilled but you may eat it once you're done. Just that I prefer mine cold.

You may also add in your own ingredients such as carrots, celery, herbs such as parsley or anything you can think of. I didn't add celery in because I don't like them, but it makes the potato salad more crunchy if you add it. Cucumber helps too. =) It's not that difficult to make and it tastes nice. I love it. X3

I'm not here to teach you people how to cook or make up my own recipe. Just that I feel that I should share what food I can create or cook. My mom keeps wanted me to start learning to cook simple food but I refused to because I don't like to cook or get involved with food. But now I feel that a simple start will help me survive the cruel world.

That's it for today. I felt much better compared to yesterday. Thanks to my friends who cheered me up. Love you guys~ Have a nice day people. Also tell me some simple recipes if you know of so that I can try it out. Thanks!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ya , simple and nice but only have to take care about the water portion.

Aki said...

yuki~
u make me hungry^^
nice try~
i also tried a lot of time creating my own food recipe..
but i name it the 'rojak recipe' >w<
cos i put in all the stuff that i can cook..
haha~

Mizuko Yuki said...

@ aki: haha can slowly learn de ba ^^