Friday, August 7, 2009

My Previous-Present Dreams

What do I mean by that term? It doesn't exist, mind you. I just didn't know what term to use for this. It's like a dream that I have always dreamed of in the past but still remains till the present. To those who didn't know, my first dream since elementary school was to publish a novel.

Yes, I know it sounds pretty dumb to publish a novel... I admit that I'm not really very good in English... Just the basic and usual terms or phrases I use in everyday life. When I was at that age I started to like writing essays and stories. (not those essays which requires you to write a report or formal letter like in school) I like creating my own stories and imagining them. I'll write them in paper or type it out, then changing it over and over again if I had new inspirations.

Later on I had a new dream, which is to draw my own series of comics, or to produce a comic visual of my stories I've written or thought of. I was inspired by Japanese manga and artworks, also during the elementary school days. It was at that time when I started drawing manga arts and characters... Till now. I still doodle them a lot in college or home now. Ask my friends. They would know me and my notebook. XD

Much later on in the early high school days, probably at the age of 13 or 14, I discovered these books called picture storybook. It's generally a book which has the combination of visuals and story-telling. I was so in love with them. Now there are more and more picture storybooks being published from many countries. Unfortunately, I'm more interested in Japanese and Taiwanese picture storybooks. Hehe... Yup, I planned on producing one of these too. =P

These dreams still remained till today. Since I'm into multimedia design, I felt that I could use the combination of traditional and digital media to make my dreams come true. Well, that is, only if things went well. I could well publish books and also do websites or interactive visuals/stories for people who are interested in these. I'd like to explore on almost any media, if given the time to do so. I really enjoy it a lot.

I like writing stories and scripts. I've been the script writer for my short film group - S.W.A.Y. and now in progress of writing a script for my short animation. I love writing and typing. In fact, there's this essay which requires us to write about 1500 words about a chosen topic. I'm pretty interested in it although the title seems boring. If given more time, (time is always the problem...) I would really want to do more researches and write a better essay. I love thinking about stories or theories. I'm not boasting about myself. It's just a hobby or some sort. I know it's weird to love these things now since most of the people dislike writings and such nowadays.

I'm trying to help out my friends in their essays and English related work. I'm not boasting about how good my English is now, I've admitted that my English is not really good and wishes for more improvement. I'm trying to help them for the sake of improving them as well. I won't say their English is weak, but it just needs some adjustments. Practice makes perfect right? Maybe I could learn a thing or two while teaching or correcting them in English writings?

That's all I would like to say for now. I'm quite tired now and needs some rest. Haven't been having enough rest lately and hope that the holiday will be approaching us sooner than we expected. XD By the way i stumbled upon this term "Harry Benjamin's Syndrome" while doing random googling. Here's the link: Wikipedia. Have a nice day people~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

have a nice day to you too.

chi