Sunday, August 16, 2009

The 'Meh Meh' Post

Today was such a great day. I had fun with Emelyn, arashi and William as they came over and did assignments together. A little company in the weekends once in a while is entertaining. =) Well, I would prefer if I get to see them everyday! Hahahahaha...

So what's up with today's 'Meh Meh' post? I did it as requested by Emelyn. Check her out here. It's basically about... SHEEPS! XD Sheeps goes "Meh~ Meh~" right? =_= Ok it's lame let's cut this... But it's the truth that a sheep's call goes like that!

Well, for your information, this is one of the many Manglish terms used by many locals here. Others include 'Lo', 'Wei', 'La' and so on. These terms are usually put at the ending of sentences. We discussed about this because most of us had been affected by these terms. In class, we have this virus spreading which forces us to say 'Meh' for most sentences we say. Therefore, it's just like a joke post today.

Also, it's to highlight that although we have these supreme and unique Manglish terms, we shouldn't overuse it. Sometimes people find it fun, but sometimes vice versa. Foreigners might not be able to understand these, so we have to speak in proper English during the times in need.

I'm not being offensive towards anyone or to our language. I just find it funny but sometimes it's improper to use it all the time. Sometimes it's just difficult to understand what someone is saying when using those terms. I'll not go up to the extent of saying that these terms are annoying, because most of us are born speaking and listening to these terms at a young age.

Anyway this is just something random I'd like to talk about. No offense ok? My mood was way better than yesterday, so I'd try to cheer up and talk crap with them today. Of course we did our work while chatting. (we also ate a lot! O.o) Another thing is about the name of this post. XD Emelyn requested me to write it this way. So... Yeah. I'm just being crazy today. I wonder if she's writing about me in her blog... Hope not. ^^"

Time to stop here! I need to do some work for now. It's getting late. Have a great day ahead people~

1 comment:

OpenID said...

eg. You wanna write like that meh?

TOTALLY wrong example. 8D