Thursday, July 3, 2008

Colours!

What does colour mean to you? Is it necessary to have colours in your life? To me, colour plays an important role in my life. (Not because I'm an art student... Well, colours are definitely important for art students! =P) It helps in everything. Spiritually, mentally and physically.

We feel a different way when we see a different colour. For example, I feel that red symbolizes danger and anger. It's like some kind of warning or alert... But some of them depends on where and what objects they are. They have different meaning in different ways. Normally paintings or drawings have other meanings that we have to figure it out by ourselves. We could always ask: "Why did the artist choose to use this colour instead of the other? What does it symbolizes? What does it mean? Is this an emotion that the artist wants to express or giving us a hint of a messsage that he wants to deliver through his art?" (I've learnt all this when my class went for a field trip to the National Art Gallery in Jalan Tun Razak... The arts always have a hidden meaning which we have to figure it by ourselves. Well, we're art students right? No more clues from the lecturer or tour guides there.T_T Maybe just a little hint... XD)

You could go to some sites and find out more about colours and their meanings. Some are used in general and some tells about your personality. Our lecturer had asked us about our favourite colour and she says that the colour we favour actually resembles you most. As for me, I love blue colour. (I'll not tell you about my personality! XP) But I also like purple, white, silver and black.

Certain colours will also affect our emotions. For example, my lecturer told us about why those mental hospitals chose to use white walls instead of other colours. This is because white makes us feel blank, new, fresh and like we're just borned to the world. This makes us calmer and more stable. If the hospital were to use colourful walls, think of it... The patients would go crazy as there's too many colours...! See the power of COLOURS!!!! Muahahahaha... Lol. =P

That's all for today... I just came back from college and I'm dead tired. Just had malaysian studies test. It was kindda hard for me... I hate histories! >_< So... I'll try to post again next time. Have a nice day to all readers~ Thanks for reading! ^^

No comments: