Monday, July 7, 2008

Collage

Collage - A form of visual art. Involves cutting and pasting. A fun thing to do. Can be messy at times. Uses different paper materials such as newspaper, magazines, books, craft paper, etc...

If this is what you know about collage, you're very WRONG. Yes, what I mentioned is true. But there's another meaning about collage... And I knew it today. Right this evening. If I were to tell you about my version of collage, it may freak you out how 'uncool' collage can be...

Go to wikipedia to find out more about collage. I'll paste the link right ~here~ for you. You should have a clearer view of what's collage. From the childhood days, I think most of us did collages before during the art class in primary and secondary school. You will just stick papers and stuffs to form a lovely picture of something be it an animal, a scene or objects. It's very fun and most of us enjoyed the process and hard work we put in to product the end product. At the end of the day, we'll end up satisfied with out final collage product. ^^ Cool ain't it? My version ain't that great though... T_T

Today the lecturer gave us an assignment on collage! YAY! (as if I'm happy about it... =_=) We also learned some principles such as continuity, unity and variety, proximity, etc... We need to do the collage in a certain pattern by following the principles. There were five altogether... And we need to do it on an A3 size layout pad. The thing is, we need a specific way to do it. Not cut and glue everything down as we feel like it's nice. There's a pattern we must follow according to the principles. >_< Damn... It's not as easy as you think... We still have other assignments from other classes.

I think that's all I've to say for today. I'm tired and I need to start cutting materials for my collage. So... See you all again soon. Take care and have a nice day ahead~ ^^

No comments: