Wednesday, July 8, 2009

New Artbook Collection

I managed to save up some emergency cash to buy some books I found in Kinokuniya today. We went for a class field trip but after we're done we can go anywhere we like. So a bunch of us went to Kinokuniya to see if we can grab some books.

I was lucky enough to find some books that I think is useful for referencing and art styles. It's pretty good just that I think it's slightly too costly. But it's worth it if I put it to good use. ^^ I'll show you the images of the two books I bought today.

Wanna see it? =P

Ok here goes!


MangaMatrix.


Gothic Lolita Punk ricorico.


I personally love gothic lolita fashions and different types of manga characters. The first book, Mangamatrix is useful for one of my current project, which is to draw mecha and robots. The environments and colour scheme is just like what I wanted it to be in my robot illustration. XD I might want to add in some gothic lolita fashion into my robot as well. Maybe... Just a thought.

Found lots of font and typography books but they are too expensive and I don't think it's worth it. Yeah it's useful as we're having a typography class, but it's just too expensive and unaffordable. I could have bought it if I have the money to, or if it was less pricey. T_T Would try to save up more money for future useful reference books though. I love collecting art and illustration books. Seriously.

Am still kind of rushing for my assignments. So I'll stop here and go do some work. Have a great day ahead people~

3 comments:

Unknown said...

paradigm

Unknown said...

paradigm.

Aki said...

I saw the 1st book b4~
Haha~
Wow~
The Gothic Lolita book~
I've got a big interest in it^^