Monday, March 24, 2008

My dream dog. X3

Ok, so this time I'm gonna talk a little about my dream dog, or rather dream puppy! XD The above picture shows a papillon. Papillon means butterfly in french and is pronounced as pap-ii-yon. It's also commonly known as a butterfly dog because of the shape of the ears. Ain't it just so sweet and cute? X3 so anyway... A little biodata about this cute little creature.

The Papillon generally ranges from 8 inches (20 cm) to 11 inches (28 cm) at the withers and usually weighs from 6 to 10 pounds (3-5kg). As you can see, it is quite a small dog (although slightly larger than the Chihuahua). Just look at it in the picture above! I'm in love with it... ^^ It's one of the oldest among the other toy breed dogs. Has long and silky coat which doesn't require much grooming and maintenance. Highly energetic and needs an average amount of exercise. It has very good agility despite it's size.


One good thing that is excellent about this cute creature is its intelligence. According to Stanley Colen, in his book "The Intelligence of Dogs", the Papillon is rated the eighth among all other dog breeds. So, it's fairly easy to teach it new tricks and to obey commands. =P Man... It makes me wanna have one now. X3


Well, I think that's all I'd like to say about my dream doggie. For more information or details about it just visit any sites related to Papillon dogs or Wikipedia. Actually I used to love Chihuahua dogs better due to the size. But many of my friends have negative thoughts about it. T_T One of my neighbours even said that it looks like a rat. =_= But now i find that Papillon is much cuter than the Chihuahua, and that it is more intelligent (because Chihuahua was rated the 67th...) . Haha...

Actually I love lots of other animals. If I'm free I'll post some of my other favourite animals here. =) That's all for this post now. Hope I'll get this sweet creature as soon as possible~


No comments: