Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Note, to a Friend...

To my dear friend, Samantha Lok,

It's been about six years since we graduated from primary school. I've always been wondering how're my friends are doing now... But now, I'm thinking about how're you and where're you. It's been some time since we last contacted each other. It even seems that we've totally lost contact since five years ago...

The last letter I received from you is dated back in April 2003. I missed the times where we always send letter to each other talking about almost anything, from school life to our private problems. We seldom talked to each other since you were in a different class. We were only in the same class for a year or two, but it makes a big difference in my life starting then. You were the only one who cared to talk to me when everyone else does not as I'm a little too quiet at that time. You introduced me to other friends and that's when I had another best friend, whom I still keep in touch with up till now - Teoh Yen Mei (Aki). She's also quite concerned about you and is wondering where're you.

You were the one who acted like an elder sister to me, always protecting and accompanying me whenever you can. You gave me a friend that is just as dear as you, and till now we're still in contact. You always try to cheer me up when I feel down and try to make me smile or laugh. You would find time to talk to me about out interests and keep me updated about things. You'll look for me in my class when you have the time just to greet me. You did many other things that made me happy, in the same class, and also when you're in a different class.

I still remember the shock that you gave me when you say that you're leaving to Sabah during form one (Or was it early form two...) as your dad was transferred to work there. I hope I won't lose contact with you as you're very dear to me. In one of your previous letter, you gave me your contact number, as in your handphone number. But I didn't have a handphone at that time and since you said that I can still send you letters to your home in KL and your dad will pick them up from time to time when he comes back, so I thought I need not worry about losing contact with you.

Things were not the way I expected when you said that your dad is selling off the house in KL and he'll never come back to collect letters anymore. I was sad to hear that but I've no choice. I thought I had hope in contacting you by your handphone, but everytime I called, nobody answered. After some time I gave up calling your number. About a year and a half ago, I was reading through some of your letters and once again found your handphone number. I naively dialled the number but it was a man who picked it up. He said that he changed to this number three months ago. But I guess even before him, some other people may have used your handphone number before...

I remember the happiest moment I had, after you moved to Sabah, was when you came back to visit the school. I was only transferred to Stella Maris during form two but you were already gone then. When you came back to visit, I was very happy as I was being able to meet you after nearly a year. But at that time, you just moved to Sabah and wasn't very long there yet. I was very stupid to forget to ask about your new contacts. You were only coming to school for a short time, and yet I missed my opportunity as I was talking to my new friends whom I made just few days ago when I transferred in.

Until now, I'll still be thinking bout you. I wanted to contact you again. I mean it... It feels really bad to lose a good friend. I may be naive or childish by thinking so, yet I have not lose hope to find you again. I just went to friendster and searched for you name. I can't find by typing your full name, so I typed 'Samantha Lok' and found one, and only one search result. I immediately send a message asking if it was you. I can't help it though... I really hope it is you... I know by writing this out, you won't be reading this anyway. But I'm writing this to express my feeling or sorrow. It hurts a lot to lose a friend, especially a good friend. People may think I'm naive or stupid to think and do so, but I don't really care how others think of me.

I miss you...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yuchi jiang,
glad to see u in a good relationship , hehe